Re: Definition of a Boat?

To: <Neil_Oldfield@nag.national.com.au>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Definition of a Boat?
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 18:59:36 -0800
Howard........

I've been side-lining on this one but now I have to jump in and disagree
with you! I had a 4-door Marina back in the late Seventies. I modified the
engine to full MGB specs., modified the suspension with a tube-shock
conversion from P.B. Tweeks in England, fitted 1" wider alloy wheels with
decent radial tires, and had a car that was an absolute blast to drive! In
the course of my business I got to drive a lot of fun cars (and still do)
and that Marina was easily the match of any others in its size/capacity
range. Sadly, while my daughter was driving it to school one day, an idiot
coming the other way lost control of his car and totalled the Marina
(fortunately with minor damage to said daughter). Apart from the hassle of
convincing the insurance company a Marina was worth three times what they
first offered, it was an experience that I'd gladly repeat. In fact, I tried
(but missed by 35 minutes) to buy a Marina a few months ago so I could build
up another one.

Lawrie