Re: Definition of a Boat?

To: "mgs-digest list" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, <H4aardvrk@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Definition of a Boat?
From: "Fred Pixley" <fpixley@kingston.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 08:15:36 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: H4aardvrk@aol.com <H4aardvrk@aol.com>
To: fpixley@kingston.net <fpixley@kingston.net>; mgs@autox.team.net
<mgs@autox.team.net>; doddk@mossmotors.com <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Friday, December 25, 1998 8:35 PM

>In a message dated 12/25/98 8:17:31 AM Mountain Standard Time,
>fpixley@kingston.net writes:
>
><< For instance the fuel pump, carburetor, and emissions equipment are
> identical to a similar vintage MGB. >>
>Fred,
>     Interesting about the fuel pump..Our English Marina had a mechanical
pump
>installed on the 1800 engine..I do not to this day know which engine it was
>that Morris fitted..possibly sone kind of a morris 1800 front driver power
>plant..i don't know..But the pump on our car was mechanical..hmmm.
>yours, H4(Howard)

Howard

The only other surviving Marina in this area is a 74 model.  I think that
car has the mechanical fuel pump.  At some point BL switched to the electric
pump.  Kevin alludes to some sort of fuel pump problems with mechanical
pumps which might have prompted the switch.  My own experience is that
mechanical pumps are as reliable as electric.

As to the engine -  it is identical to MGB except for the crankshaft which
is a cast iron unit rather than forged steel.  For most usage the cast crank
should be adequate.

Fred Pixley
Napanee, Ontario