Re: Thanks - Responses to Floor Coverings and Greasy Shirts

To: Richard D Arnold <richard.arnold@juno.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Thanks - Responses to Floor Coverings and Greasy Shirts
From: Eric Stephen <bk996@freenet.carleton.ca>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 10:24:58 -0500
Richard:  Next time you get yourself into a greasy mess, take your soiled
article(s) to the dry cleaners.  The solvents that they use were originally
developed for removing grease.  My jump suit and cleaning rags for that
matter,  have "seen the elephant and the owl" in terms of automotive fluids.
The local dry cleaning establishment has yet to fail me in removing anything
I've challenged my jump suit with in terms of solid, semi-solid or liquid
(complete fluid change every spring, engine pull, tranny rebuild, spring
replacement).  The trick is to go to the cleaners first.  Once we have played
with a stain ourselves, it will seldom come clean at the shop.  Opps.....I've
lied, the silicone gasket material I cleaned off a tool, using the front of
the suit, had to be removed with a razor blade.  Seems to be impervious to
dry cleaning fluid.

Richard D Arnold wrote:

> Listers:
> <snip>
> As to the gear oil on the sweatshirt, oven cleaner only lightened the
> stains a bit, so today I am trying engine degreaser.  Next is brush
> cleaner, followed by gasoline and a match....
> <snip>
> Rich

Regards, Heloise er..... I mean,  Eric Stephen
Home Page:  http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/7189
Ottawa MG Club:  http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/downs/7189/omgc.html
Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
It endureth and is always strong;
It liveth and conquereth for ever more;
The more thou searchest, the more thou shalt marvel.
- The Apocryphal Books of Esdras