Re: Master cylinder

To: "BIDGOOD, ALAN" <BIDGOODA@pab27b.ssd.loral.com>,
Subject: Re: Master cylinder
From: "MSLishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 23:42:33 -0500
----------
> My question is has anybody ever replaced all the rummer parts in
> the master cylinder without actually removing it from the car?  It
> seems that the job will be greatly reduced if this could be done.
> Alan B.'

Alan,
        It could, conceivably be done.  But as others have noted, there's a
good chance that you'll need more than just new rubber seals.  If you
have an AutoZone or Advance auto store near you, they will carry a
rebuilt, lifetime warranty master cylinder for your car for between 40
- 60 bucks.  I got one at Advance auto for $40 two years ago.
        I have no fear of their rebuild quality, mine had a tag from Apple
Hydraulics!  Not only that, if there is ever a problem with the
cylinder simply yank it and get a new one.
        For any listers really interested, I'm in western PA, and other
listers in Michigan and Virginia have claimed to have Advance stores
near their homes...

Mike Lishego
1974 MGB
1986 Plymouth Turismo 2.2