Re: Su carb rebuild

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Su carb rebuild
From: Lane Rollins <laner@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 21:10:14 -0800
>Rebuild kits for $20 from MG dealers? Hey, share the info.
>fella............where are you finding MG dealers these days? You must have
>a time warp access or something.........:-)
>
>Assuming you mean MG parts dealers, rather than MG dealers, that's still an
>awesome price for a rebuild kit that contains the things you need to do a
>proper rebuild: all seals and gaskets, two new jets, two new metering
>needles, two new needle-and-seats (float valves). And you say AutoZone has
>this for $13.99? Even more incredible! I'd make sure the kits you are
>looking at contain more than just gaskets and seals...............
>
>Lawrie
>British Sportscar Center

If they are like the ones that Steve at NW Import Parts sells, I personally
don't care for them. The big complaint of mine has to do with the jets.
They use a generic jet, with a piece of hose that you have to cut to fit,
and a push on fitting that screws into the float bowl. I've seen the hose
fail rather quickly on several cars. The 'correct' one piece SU jet
assemblies seem much more reliable, and of better quality to me. YMMV.

-Lane