Re: Middle Age- long and boring

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>, "Bill Eastman" <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Subject: Re: Middle Age- long and boring
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 17:51:51 -0600
I was neither bored nor did I think that was very long!
At 31 years, the Army has probably aged me more quickly  -- my recent back
problems woke me up on that score - all that "hooah" stuff I did is catching
up. But I wouldn't trade a second of all those times and there are more to
come, I'm certain.
No kids yet, but my wife is 4 years younger. I'm ready to take the plunge
into parenthood, but we'll be fully prepared either way, mentally and
financially.
I love cars and always will -- and if I've noticed one thing about the
"Nintendo kids" -- they love cars too.
Old cars, no matter the marque -- simple to work on, reliable and fixable,
are the tie that binds the generations together.
Enjoy the new year! Living for the moment is more pertinent to those of us
who go to foreign lands at a moment's notice and may get shot at. Don't
sweat the little stuff. Enjoy life and stop to "smell the roses", in our
case, the grease and the petrol.
It's not Middle Age, it's LIFE. The more you live it fully, serving or
selfish, and do the best you can and being a good person, the more you can
be satisfied in knowing that you've lived, loved and learned.
Dan
73 B