RE: Lowering.

To: Paul Tegler <wizardz@amdyne.net>
Subject: RE: Lowering.
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 15:05:00 -0800
Paul:

        Gotta disagree with you on this one.  The rubber is supposed adhere
to the a arm.  The inner bush is solidly held by the compression of the
pivot nut.  The movement is allowed by the shear twisting of the rubber, not
by rotational movement.  This is why the emphasis on tightening only after
the car is on the ground.  This makes for a totally quiet zero maintenance
design.  If there is squeeking the rubber has not adhered to the a arm.
Poly and delrin bushings are designed for rotational movement and must have
some form of lubrication to prevent squeeking and subsequent wear.

Kelvin.