Re: Some Good News about Over-Stuffed Seats!

To: jesevers@students.wisc.edu
Subject: Re: Some Good News about Over-Stuffed Seats!
From: MSAWDEY@aol.com
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 21:48:23 EST
In a message dated 12/30/98 10:40:03 PM Central Standard Time,
jesevers@students.wisc.edu writes:

<< To:  mgs@autox.team.net

 Does anyone recall hearing of a foam called, I think "Sorbathane" ? >>

I believe this stuff is used by hi-fi fanatics to isolate turntables, CD
players, etc., from feedback vibration. One might find it advertised in
Audiophile, but anything that is supplied to the audiophile world is, in my
experience, ridiculously overpriced (seems to be some kind of religious
fervour about paying $300 per foot for gold speaker cables and such). My
recollection is that a set of four Sorbathane feet to put under a turntable
costs about $25 - $30. I'm not sure how the stuff would work for seat
cushions. As you have characterized it, it is apparently a totally "dead" foam
that doesn't bounce.