Re: Lucas not all that bad

To: "Karl Shultz" <karl.shultz@ibm.net>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Lucas not all that bad
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 15:55:52 -0000
30 amp is probably too high if all it is protecting is the motor, that
rating is used in the main fuse block to protect multiple circuits.  The
fuse won't protect the motor (unless you charge your batteries direct off
the mains) but it will protect the wiring, switch etc upstream if you get a
short downstream of the fuse.  You must have a duff fuse or a holder with
bad connections (I am assuming you didn't literally mean that you pulled the
fuse but left the holder in circuit and the motor ran).

PaulH.

BTW.  Does an 'inlune' fuse protect the light of the moon?