Re: Blind Driver Rally Was: Blackout at 60mph

To: coleman@sd.aonix.com
Subject: Re: Blind Driver Rally Was: Blackout at 60mph
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 19:21:34 EST
Our Club held such an event for about 5 years, as a fund raiser for the
SC Schoolf for the Blind, which is located here.
 Drivers were paired with a sight impaired student at the school as the
navigator, and the route instructions were printed in Braille! (No way
was the driver gonna fudge on this one!) The route covered about 40 miles
and about 2 hours, with 2-3 checkpoints along the way.
 An all day affair, it included an all British car show, local celebrity
drivers, auctions of automobilia- ranging from free oil changes to "used"
drivers suits from a couple of NASCAR Drivers to a Rover 2000 TC, and
food and beverage kiosks galore.
 All participants professed to thouroughly enjoying the day, and the best
part was we raised between $15,000 and $20,000 each year.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget