RE: New/Old MG Retrieval - MG 1100!

To: <xyzabcde@earthlink.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: New/Old MG Retrieval - MG 1100!
From: "Michael Carnell" <carnellm@palmettobug.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 19:54:40 -0500
Sorry, I can't resist... you get that kind of reaction from your >wife< ??
Sorry, like I said... just being a pain.

Anyway, it is a 1964, 4-door, sun roof.  Body is in very good condition,
especially for an 1100.  Not a lot of the usual rust, though some is there.
Needs the interior completely redone, from seats and carpets to headliner,
all need replacing.  Mechanically everything is there and in good condition.
The car was being driven on a regular basis and even has new tires.  The
owner had a 1275 Mini engine in it, but kept it - basically because I didn't
want to pay for it.  The original 1100 engine came with it, but has a slight
problem with the crank.  Seems it has worn on the taper that takes the
flywheel, so the flywheel brakes loose.  Another bottom end came with the
car though, so I just need to put it all together - sounds simple, right?
Actually I am going to do a full restoration on it, so it is perfect.
 Price - $400.  Did I do OK?

Oh, all the hub caps and emblems are there!  That was real important... And
the lights and wiring all work, or seem to.  Amazing.

So, let me know how I did.  Do I pass muster?  My MGB doesn't think so, it
is now outside since the 1100 is in the garage.

Thanks!

--
Michael Carnell - Charleston, SC
Collector of all things relating to MG 1100 and 1300 Sports Sedans