Re: Distributors, Datsun trivia

To: Nina Barton <ninab@scoresheet.com>
Subject: Re: Distributors, Datsun trivia
From: xyzabcde@earthlink.net
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 1999 19:21:55 +0000
Nina Barton volunteered:

> I've got a friend with an MGB race car, and he has a datsun distributor in
> it.  I believe the Datsun Fairlady was granted a license to produce the
> 1798 B engine in Japan.  The distributor is supposedly stronger that stock
> MGB.  I can call him and get more information if you're interested.

That would be wonderful!  I decided to stop being such a bum, so I asked a
British parts guy today if he knew if Datsun points plates were usable in a B.
He said that Datsun parts stopped being available long before MG parts so it's a
moot point.  However, if these distributors are racing go-fast parts, someone
may still be making them.

Hey Kelvin, has Moss Motors looked into this?

Thanks for the info!
Denise Thorpe