Re: Springtime Tune-up

To: "Eric Zambori" <eaz@snet.net>, <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Springtime Tune-up
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 07:44:15 -0800
Eric........

The little brass "jet" you refer to, which the notch is cut to clear, is a
relic of the UK setup where the HIF had vacuum taken from the carb. body
rather than the manifold. On US spec. cars, the hole beneath that "jet" is
plugged. Ergo, the brass "jet" does nothing. Ergo, it's a heckuva lot easier
to file off that part of the jet that intrudes into the venturi than it is
to file a notch in a plate to exactly fit around it!

So, buy new, solid plates and fit them to the carbs after carefully filing
off the brass bits of the carb bodies that sticks up into the hole where you
want the plates to go...............

Lawrie