Re: Buying cars on eBay

To: Simon Matthews <simon_matthews@avanticorp.com>,
Subject: Re: Buying cars on eBay
From: Kevin Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 1999 15:27:38 -0600
This isn't any different from going to live auctions.  I see people all the time
at live auctions bidding more for an item that you could get it knew.  On the
other hand I have gotten some fantastic deals on tools, furniture etc. at some
auctions (including a set of SU carbs complete with manifold, linkage and heat
shield for $1).  You just have to have a good idea what something is worth and
don't get carried away.  I just bought  a copy of "MG A Pictorial History" in
almost new condition on eBay for $22.50, Victoria British lists it for $40.

Kevin Brown  '64 MGB  '71 MGB  '74 TR6  '76 TR6  '89 MR2  '98 GTP
Odessa, MO