Alternator or battery problem or what?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Alternator or battery problem or what?
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 12:53:30 +0000
Of course I am getting a little touchy in the lead-up to when I am going
to need my car to run well/survive a decent period of driving, but I
don't know if I am suffering from "hyper-awareness" or what.

I had my alternator re-built some two months or so ago yet I seem to
noticing quite a significant change in the headlight brightness between
low and high revs (most noticeable when I am braking into a sharp curve
then accelerating through it).

Is my alternator stuffed again (no "ignition light" warnings at any
time) or is my battery on the way out?  She seems to crank OK at
starting time, yes even on the 80F 'cold' mornings :-)

Or... is there something else to look for?

Eric
'68MGB MkII