Re: Need MGA heater blower (again)

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Need MGA heater blower (again)
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 22:07:32
At 11:13 PM 1/10/99 -0500, Trevor Boicey wrote:
>Barney Gaylord wrote:
>> Well, I found out why my heater blower quit working.  Dead spots. ....
>
>   There are shops that can rebuild any motor without knowing or caring
where they are from. They are really all pretty simple when it comes down
to it, with enough wire sizes and jigs and brushes and such any is really
rebuildable.

Oh, I dunno.  The last one I took out was burned up so bad it looked like
someone had taken a torch to the whole inside of the motor.  This one
doesn't look bad though, just has a few broken circuits in the armature
windings.  Unfortunately, the breaks are not where they can be seen.  If I
can't find a replacement quick, I might even try rewinding it myself.

Barney Gayord
1958 MGA with an attitude