Re: Tyre profiles (was re: Bushings & Sway Bar)

To: "Eric Erickson" <eric@erickson.on.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tyre profiles (was re: Bushings & Sway Bar)
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 09:50:48 +1100
Lower aspect ratio (60 rather than 70 for example) generally
results in a tyre with better cornering power and a harsher ride.
That is a generalisation of course - there may be the odd exception.

It seems there aren't lots of choices in 14". Lots more in 13" and 15"
but I think Falken have a 185/60R14 or a 175/60R14. The GRB 410RS
is one of the best road tyres out there. The FK0[567] tyres are all
excellent too. The 5 series are higher performance than the 6 and in turn
the
7. I have found them excellent for both wet and dry grip and they are very
good on the dirt too. They are *excellent* value for money.

The Falken tyres are made by OHTSU.

Mike (no connection, just a satisfied customer)