Tyre profiles (was re: Bushings & Sway Bar)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tyre profiles (was re: Bushings & Sway Bar)
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 01:00:08 +0510
Bob Shaw wrote:

> I run 186/65 Dunlop D40A2 tires on TR6 Wheels on my MGA.  It
> frequently goes on trips of 300 miles or more.  The ride is good, and
> it also goes where I point it.  Further, the diameter is such that the
> speedometer should read accurately.  I am very satisfied with the
> setup.

Bob raises another tyre point that I briely mentioned in one of my past
posts, and that is about tyre profiles.  Generally the recommendations
are between 175/70s and 185/70s... but what about a lower profile tyre
... hmm is there a 175/60 or 175/65 or a 185/60?

Does less sidewall mean less sidewall to flex on tight cornering?

Eric
'68MGB MkII