Valve springs, car pics, insults.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Valve springs, car pics, insults.
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 13:03:43 -0600
Neil,

If I understand your description correctly, the type of valve spring
compressor works by moving the big lever.  The screw is used to adjust it
to your particular engine.  Also, don't be surprised if you have to deliver
a sharp tap (with compressor in place)  to the spring retainer to bust
loose the keepers.  They stick pretty hard.  Once loose the compressor
should work fine.

Anyone interested in seeing the MGA that followed my home from Kansas City
can look at:
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/cambs.mgoc/gall-a.htm
or
http://www.british-cars.org.uk/kimber/MGA/mgapics.html
The second site is much faster loading since it has text, not thumbnails to
introduce the pictures.

Bob Allen wrote:
"PS: Eastmen's SWMBO has sig line HWS(PEST)"
Knowing the generous spirit and kind heart that Bob has, I can only assume
that this is a compliment of the highest order for the lovely, long
suffering Mrs. Eastman.

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA who fled Kansas City for fear the Bob would try to bring her home
and park her next to a Tr**mph