RE: Adaptor Base/Top load.

To: Dennis Berman <dberman@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject: RE: Adaptor Base/Top load.
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 11:03:05 -0800
Dennis:

        Replacing the adapter base with the engine in the car is
straight-forward, but can be very tedious.  Removing the adapter just
requires undoing the bolt where the adapter mounts to the block.  A tap on
the adapter with a padded hammer will break the rubber seal that turns to
concrete.  The tedious bit is making sure that all traces of the original
rock hard rubber ring are removed.  I've run into lots of blocks that have
two rings installed where the DPO did not realize the original was still in
place.  If you are really lucky the ring will come out in one piece.  If not
Snapon makes a really dandy set of picks that are very strong and suitable
for all kinds of similar jobs.  These are also suitable for personal hygene,
should the need arise.

Kelvin.