Free rotational play in crank pulley - Conclusion

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Free rotational play in crank pulley - Conclusion
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 16:27:02 -0800
Well, I finally had time to check out my free rotation in the crank
pulley.  The darn bolt was loose.  I even put that darn impact wrench on
and tightened the H*LL out of that thing.  I'll be heading home this
weekend (400 miles), and I'll lift the engine off it's mounts so I can
get an impact wrench or breaker bar on it.  Proper amounts of Loc-Tight
Will be used this time.  Doh!!!!

Thanks greatly to all who responded.

Also, in my brother's problems with his '78 B stalling, we were able to
get nowhere.  Just rebuilt the carb, and while it does help, it still
did not solve the problem, even with idle set to 1300 RPM.

We're guessing that the problem is still in the carbs, so we're putting
a spare set of SUs on the car.  Maybe then it will be able to beat the
Geo Metro off the line. :)

Thanks again
Jay