time to break the fuel pump?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: time to break the fuel pump?
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 17:31:48 -0700
Any horror stories on SU pump rebuilding?

I finally have the parts - diaphragm, points, gasket. Even the rubber
mounting piece. I'll probably do it this weekend since temperatures have
gotten above freezing (and my heated garage gives me another 20 degrees F).

Any words of wisdom? Possible problems like gas spurting out of the tank,
inner pump parts flying out, bolts that need to be cut? Or will it be a snap?

Car is a 71BGT, pump still works but its been in there since I bought the
car in '83, may even be the original pump. So I figure its time for a rebuild.

David