Re: Defogging Glass (was Re: Lord Lucas strikes again)

To: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Subject: Re: Defogging Glass (was Re: Lord Lucas strikes again)
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 10:44:17 -0500
At 01:32 AM 1/15/1999 +0509, you wrote:
>Bob Howard wrote:
>>
>> Best product I have found for reducing fog is ordinary dishwashing
>> liquid. Put a drop on a finger-sized spot of moist dishcloth, then
>> spread it around the glass. Let it dry, then buff off the haze.    It
>> takes a lot of buffing to get the haze removed.
>
>So, who will admit to trying the method that divers use to stop their
>face masks fogging up?  SPIT!  Does it work?
Yes (on a diver's mask),  but for a windshield, how much spit do you have
at any one time? A diver's mask is only a few tens of square centimeters.

You know, you do have to apply it before the window fogs up or else it
fails to do the job. SO do you want to gamble on dehydration each and every
time you go driving?

Bill

As the rain/sleet/snow falls on my car with the keys locked inside.

Do we want it to work?

>Maybe we can ask those who are snowed in (and those without engines in
>their cars at the moment) who can only sit behind the wheel making
>engine noises with their mouths.
>
>This weekend should be beautiful topdown driving conditions here... if I
>remember my cap and 30+ blockout cream :-)
>

>Eric
>'68MGB MkII

Dr. Bill Saidel
Assoc. Prof.                      Vocal phone   (609) 225-6336
Department of Biology             FAX  (609) 225-6312
Science Building                  email:  saidel@crab.rutgers.edu
315 Penn St.
Camden, NJ 08102 -1411
http://crab.rutgers.edu/~saidel/saidel.html

"Between the approximation of the idea and the precision
of reality, there is a small gap of the unimaginable."
Milan Kundera - "The Unbearable Lightness of Being"