Re: MG RV8

To: starkist69@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: MG RV8
From: Joanna Adler <joannaadler@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 10:36:27 -0800
I had tried to pull up these two links, but they didn't work... until I used
my head and took off the file name.  :)

It seems they've updated the file names.

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/can9807.html

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/gray9805.html

> >> List of Nonconforming Vehicles Decided To Be Eligible For Importation -
> > http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/elig9801.html

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/elig9807.html

A while back I was looking at a 1979 TVR 3000S for sale in Canada.

> Wading through some of these details changed my mind and I didn't
> pursue it.  I know that that there are some TVR's in the US but I
> haven't found much about the later models.  If anyone has details as
> to how to legally get one in the US I would be interested.

I'm going to contact one of the importers on the list to see what it would
take... it seems like it would be a VERY expensive process (probably even
more so here in the state of California) so it doesn't look promising.

Joanna