Re: Carb plumbing (HS4s)

To: "Erik Brzoska" <mowog77@hotmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb plumbing (HS4s)
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 02:52:57 +1000
Erik,

>Does the front bottom port work as fill, one of the top ports is
>overflow to the rear float bowl and if both float bowls are full the
>third port on the front carb is overflow to the charcoal canister??

Hmm sounds similar to my '70, minus the Carbie emissions stuff so here's my
guess, flame me if I'm wrong. <G>

Front carb:

1. Inlet for fuel line.
2. Front Float Bowl - Rear Float Bowl line (Fuel line between carbs)
3. Solid steel overflow pipe (with rubber hose ends) between Front and Rear
Carbs, there's an exit line from the pipe towards the rear carb that
connects to a rubber hose which leads to the Charcoal canister. The canister
flows the fuel down beside the block through a thick rubber hose - and by
the looks of it, right onto the exhaust header <G> but only in my car,
because the canister was moved to the other side when the car was converted
to RHD. So I have a genuine fire hazard here. *gulp* But I digress!!

Rear carb:

1. Per 2 Above
2.  Per 3 Above

Cheers,