Body panel replacements

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Body panel replacements
From: Lec089@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 12:01:34 EST
When I posted before about buying a Heritage Body Shell
to replace my body on my 72B a few people suggested
that its really not that hard to do it yourself and that you
will take more pride knowing you did it yourself.

I have also read several posts on another list of all the
problems getting everything (sills) back to specs.  Any
one know any good books on rebuilding the MGB body
shell?  Any suggestions?

Someone suggested taking the body in for an acid dip.
They said that this will loosen all the welds enough to
take the unibody apart and then its just a simple matter
of spot welding the parts back together.  That sounds
simple enough, but things are never as simple as they
seem...

Harry