Hey? how about new show catagories?

To: "MG Nuts" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Hey? how about new show catagories?
From: "Paul Tegler " <wizardz@amdyne.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 16:43:39 -0500
I pose a question and statement to all show staffer's for car events....

Simple logic can tell that many of these vehicles are driven less
than 1K a year. Just look at the trailer queens that show
up at the events.
Why isn't there a class for 'Daily Drivers' or 'High Milers' ?
How about 'Best Interior', 'Best Engine Compartment',
'Most Original Bailing wire repair', 'Worst Paint Job', 'Amazing It Starts',
'Quietest', etc, etc. These classes would award the 'commoner' who doesn't
spend 3x$ on their vehicle of what it will ever be worth just to make it
look
good. Some of these people drive them as their only car, and don't have a
second vehicle 'closet king' that only sees sunlight for shows. You know
very well they can't be driving them and really enjoying them as much as we
do.
    I have two GT's myself, but I show my daily driver,
that's the one I'm proud of.  It's the upkeep and style that should be
awarded. Not the tuck away. Add a few commoner classes, and
I'm sure you'd see even more cars come out of the wood work.
     Just voicing an opinion I've overheard more than once at shows.

Paul Tegler
Twin 73' MGB GTs YB and OB
YB born 8/72 (Primrose Yellow) Yellow BGT
OB born 1/73 (Blase Red) Orange BGT
email: wizardz@amdyne.net
http://www.amdyne.net/~ptegler/mgmain.htm