Two-speed wiper park switch-Redux

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Two-speed wiper park switch-Redux
From: xyzabcde@earthlink.net
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 00:13:28 +0000
Hi again,

Rene, thanks for the suggestion.  I took the park switch apart and the metal tab
that the button pushes against was rusted away.  I gave up on it.  About the
wiring, my brother wrote down which wires from the six-pin connector connect
straight through to the three wires to the motor.  They are:

Blue - Black
Red - Red/LtGreen
Yellow - Blue/LtGreen

Since your car may not have the same color wires (I have three of these motors
with connectors and the wires all have different color tracers) I went out to
the car and compared the physical locations of the pins.  It looks like:

Blue |

       Yellow    Red

Hope this helps.

I talked to The Roadster Factory and they only had one part number for a park
switch for wiper motors '68-'80 so I ordered one.  The numbers off of my motor
didn't help, but the Lucas number Roar N. gave me did the trick.  Thanks!  The
part was $35, but it's on sale for $27.  I'll have it Friday.  It's supposed to
rain Wednesday.  Oh well.

Another collective effort solves the problem!  Thanks!

Denise Thorpe