76 MGB transmission mount

Subject: 76 MGB transmission mount
From: Tyson Sherman <mts3@ra.msstate.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 18:11:55 -0600
Hey. I'm once again trying to bolt the transmission mount to the
transmission on my 76 B with overdrive.  It's the part where the two
bolts are on either side of the transmission.

Are there any tricks to getting the three holes to line up: the one in
the rubber mount part on the crossmember, the one on the part that
swivels (which I don't what purpose it serves) and the hole in the
transmission.

I'm determined to get it bolted up before I start getting the car to
where it runs again, so any help is appreciated.  Oh yeah, I tried to
put the crossmember on the transmission and then put the engine into the
car (like someone suggested before) but I could not get it to fit.
Thanks.

--
Tyson Sherman
mts3@ra.msstate.edu