Re: Door glass seal replacement

To: "Bud Krueger" <bkrueger@ici.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Door glass seal replacement
From: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 07:03:16 -0500
Bud,
    Congrats on the car!  As for those seals, they're a pain in the
rear to replace.  You've got to take off the interior door panel and
remove the door glass.  I think you've got to remove the regulator
to do this, but I'm not sure.  Once the glass is out of the way, you
need to drill out the rivets that hold the old seal on.  If you're
up for originality, replace the rivets with the same size rivets.
If ease of removal and installation is your goal, use small sheet
metal screws.

    Hope this helps - and let me know how this job goes...My car
gets new seals over spring break.

Michael S. Lishego
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3706/