Carb Needle Springs

To: "MG List" <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb Needle Springs
From: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 20:13:56 -0500
Howdy all,
    I've got a question about something that I came across in my
HIF-4's on my '74 MGB.  I went to change the needles to a different
type, and found that the springs which put tension on the rear of
the needle are different.  (For those of you who are confused, they
are part # 373-365 on page 17 of the Moss MGB catalogue.)
    One of the springs is very short, while the other is longer.
Would it be to my advantage to replace these springs with a new set,
or do they serve a nominal role?

    About the replacement of the needles - I replaced the old ones
with a different taper and couldn't get the car to run right...I put
the old ones back in and all was well..."If it ain't broke..."

Michael S. Lishego
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/3706/