Re: stammer at speed - done it all!

To: "Paul Tegler " <wizardz@amdyne.net>, "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: stammer at speed - done it all!
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 19:48:08 -0000
Misfire at cruise, that changes to smoothness and some accelleration with
choke, indicates a weak needle.  Cruise at various rpms and decide which
is/are worst.  Then in your workshop put a measuring stick down the dashpot
to see how high it rises at those rpms.  You should be able to translate
that to one or more positions on the needle, and possibly an indication of
severity at each.  Then download the needle selection program from
http://ro.com/~rmason/mgpage.htm/#helpzone to help you choose a better
needle.

PaulH.