Re: DPO'ed cars tell no lies

To: "MG List" <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: DPO'ed cars tell no lies
From: "Rick Guynn" <rcg1597@wt.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 21:05:50 -0600
>     What does anyone think?  Anyone who has done this - how long
> does it take to swap parts from one car to another, keeping in mind
> that the '77 is stripped?  I'm interested to hear what the list says
> on this topic.  Meanwhile, I'll keep looking for stress cracks.

Well, I have just about done the complete opposite.  I went from a '79 to a
'73.  I
thought it would take me about three months.  I am a year and a half into it
and
almost done.  The delay is because of many things... the biggest being a
purchase of a house.  If everything is in pretty good shape, and you are just
transferring stuff, it shouldn't really take too long.... Maybe just the two or
three
months I originally envisioned.

Biggest problems in your case are the incompatibilities of some of the pieces.
I am assuming you have a chrome-bumpered '74.  The radiator doesn't
transfer.  The engine has to have a different front plate.  If you want to
retain
the oil cooler, you will have to buy new lines and relocate it under the cowl.
And you may have to dith the mechanical cooling fan and go with electrics.
That's a short list that I ran into.

Good Luck,
Rick