Re: '73 MBG SIEZED ENGINE!!!

To: "Email list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: '73 MBG SIEZED ENGINE!!!
From: "charlie schellinck" <charlie@mars.ark.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 21:04:44 -0800
crappy deal now with the stuck open valves I beleve you can strike them
with a hammer ( on the stems) to free them up, now fo the rings go to your
local auto suppy store and get a can of wd-40. put a inch or so on top of
the pistions that should free them up. also if you can thier is a big nut
on the end of the crank (1 1/8) I think. Place the biggest breaking bar on
that a jump on it, if you can. Also check to see that the clutch engaged.
some times the clutch plate has fused to the drive line thus giving a
direct conection to the rear end.
hope this helps

Cheer's
Adam Schellinck
1973 BRG MGB Roadster in 1 millon pieces.