I'm impressed

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: I'm impressed
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@crab.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 11:00:30 -0500
So there I was trying to figure out where a bracket went and asked the list.

"There is a triangular Bracket (part #19, Moss catalog, p. 15) from
which the 'air pump adjusting Link' (part #18) attaches to the air pump. Now
the right hand bolt hole of part 19 acts as a spacer in the generator
mounting bracket..." I waited and waited for a guru to suggest something
when lo, Lawrence Alexander  responded in detail by pointing out my error.

LA: Your problem arises from your statement that "the right hand bolt hole of
part 19 acts as a spacer in the generator mounting bracket".

Actually, the bracket mounts under two of the water pump mounting bolts.

He not only pointed out my mistake. He corrected it and more by relaying
some of the history of air pumps and emissions considerations. Moreover,
his explanation solved another problem for me, why had I put the confusing
bracket for the Air Pump adjusting link in my Water Pump parts baggie (a
futile attempt to keep track of Water Pump associated parts separate from
the baggie that held the alternator parts or the baggie for the radiator
parts).

I'm impressed. Pros are great. Thanks Lawrence (and I use the formality
only because your email address has it). We 2nd graders in auto mechanics
owe a lot to you listers.

Bill