The MG gods are vengfull

To: "Email list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: The MG gods are vengfull
From: "charlie schellinck" <charlie@mars.ark.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 08:05:05 -0800
I got a call today from a used car dealer they had just purchased a 1977
TR7 (I geuss I should haver seen the 777 and been wary) They had heard that
I was somewhat of an expert on british sports cars and needed my
assistance. They wanted me to check it over and make shure nothing was
wrong with it before they sold it. I checked everything and found it to be
an overall nice car just a little less than what I would buy. Had it been a
B it would be in my drive right now not back at the lot.
 Well the battery was dead so I jumped it and got it going. Came up to temp
nice and everything looked ok. I setteld in and placed it in gear. The car
pulled away very nicely and I was very impressed with the performance. The
batterie was not charging wich made me a little woried but it was soon left
behind as the miles clicked by.
I stoped to pick up my friend sandra who happens to be british but has
never ridden in a british sports car ( still has yet to). I backed out of
her drive to pull away when the car whent dead. I turned the key and
nothing! The batterie was dead. Gee and I was starting to like this car. I
geuss to MG gods heard me. I pushed it to a friends house and tried to no
avail to get it started. Finaly we used an other car to start it. As soon
as it fired up I hopped in and drove as quickly as I could to the lot and
gave it back. I did like the interior and the seating position but the Gods
of MG came into play quickly on that one and I will never look at that TR7
again. However I do know of another for sale that has only had one owner
and he is a BL mecahnic so mebey there is a TR in my future. (it would get
driven on rainy days while the MGB is inside and warm.
Cheer's
Adam Schellinck
1973 BRG MGB Roadster in 1 millon pieces.