MGB crankshaft swap

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB crankshaft swap
From: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@cwix.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 23:20:42 -0700
I have an engine that I'm trying to "save" I believe it is 18GB engine (no ID
plate).  It has a bad crank.

I have a crank from a 18GK engine I would like to install into the above
mentioned engine.  I thought this was a good plan until I noticed the
crankshafts appear different.  As well as the connecting rods.

Clausager in the Original MGB says, "Three different types of crankshafts are
quoted for the 18GB engines without change points indicated, but they are all
interchangeable".  But what about from a 18GK to an 18GB?

So what does the list say.  Bad idea?  Suggestions?

Larry Hoy
http://home.cwix.com/~larryhoy@cwix.com/