Locking gas cap-Roadblock!

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Locking gas cap-Roadblock!
From: Speedo79@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 00:22:05 EST
Dear listers:
In my quest for a locking gas cap for my 1977 MGB, I have run into a
roadblock.  I ordered one from Kragen, and they supplied me a Beck/Arnley cap
#159-0010...I tried it, and it didn't fit.  It had two lands on it that should
fit into grooves in the inside ring of my filler neck.  My filler neck doesn't
have those grooves.  My chassis # is GHN5UH434***, and I have the straight
filler tube that Moss lists as mid 1977 and later...As per Mark Snowdon, I
asked if they had a part # for the equivalent Stant gas cap, and they said
that they could not get it.
Apart from all this technical mumbo-jumbo, could somebody with any year B take
a look at their filler neck, and see if there is a ring on the inside, and if
it has grooves in it to accept a cap with lands in it?
If your filler neck does not have grooves in the inside ring, what kind of gas
cap do you have?

I am eternally grateful for anybody's help,
Steve Sanchez