Re: Engine paint colors

To: "Vallely" <vallely@ibm.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine paint colors
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 14:19:33 +1000
John,

>as close to the original color as I can, within reason.

Ditto - does someone have a photo of an unrestored B motor and a photo of a
restored motor with the Moss colour - on the web? How about a photo with the
Bill Hirsh enamel? There's a pic in Original MGB of an Early, restored MGB
motor (gorgeous), this looks a different shade to the colour of the
unrestored engines seen in later pictures. I also notice something weird
about my motor. The rocker colour is a different shade to the block. Maybe
from a different paint batch? Maybe these were painted seperately, or maybe
the heat has affected the cover and block at different rates? One is steel
the other cast iron soo.. Food for thought.

Cheers,
Neil.