Re: Snow!

To: richard.arnold@juno.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Snow!
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 01:17:27 EST
In a message dated 1/27/99 7:27:07 PM Pacific Standard Time,
richard.arnold@juno.com writes:

> I personally am of the opinion that the state of California, while it has
>  many fine residents, is basically unprepared for anything but earthquakes
>  or fires.  They get a little rain, some snow, maybe a twister or two,
>  and, heck, they just get all excited....

You have to understand a few things about us Californians.
First off our state has just as much snow as any other state (Alaska
excepted), we just keep ours up in the mountains where we can go visit it if
we are so inclined.  We are way to smart to LIVE in the snow.  <G>
As far as rain is concerned, when the average rain fall in your city is 12"
PER YEAR, and it does not rain from April (at the latest) until November (at
the earliest) people forget how to drive in rain.
As far as turn signals go, I have a bumper sticker that reads:
"Visualize using your turn signal"
Lastly, if you were to drive in the snow with all the idiots in 4wd's who
think that they are exempt from the laws of physics, you would WANT the CHP to
close the road.
Rick Ewald
67 MGB