Re: Snow!

To: richard.arnold@juno.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Snow!
From: REwald9535@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 23:13:07 EST
In a message dated 1/28/99 4:51:57 AM Pacific Standard Time,
richard.arnold@juno.com writes:

> Really, if that were the case (they forget how to drive when it rains)
>  the merest sign of precipitation would result in millions of California
>  drivers sitting confused while trying to start their cars, not moving, as
>  their windshields begin to get wet....

It would appear that you have never been to Los Angeles in the rain.  People
standing in doorways looking out forlornly, wondering just what the hell is
falling from the sky.  Then when they realize that Bigbucks won't deliver a
triple latte, they all leave late and drive fast to make up time.  I believe
that the master plan here is "leave late drive fast, it's safer that way"

> I not so sure it's the 4WD's (bunch of 'em around here; mostly driven by
> typical blue collar, work with your hands, grew up on the farm or around
> the garage, let's do some huntin' and fishin', better slow it down some
> 'cause it's startin' to ice over, common sense types)

My mistake, I should have typed SUV, but there are some 4WD types here that
aren't too bright also. (48" tires, massive lift kits, and a center of gravity
located on the third floor of the building next door <G>)

One thing I'll say, it's never dull driving in LA, the driving capitol of the
third world
Rick Ewald