Is this guy for real?

To: mgworld@chp.ltd.uk
Subject: Is this guy for real?
From: "Erik Brzoska" <mowog77@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 05:51:06 PST
Hello All:

This is kind of a neat story if you care to listen:

I was helping a friend of mine out with some landscaping, since I had
the day off.
So as we are driving up to this guys house that we are to landscape, my
buddy says "Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that this guy has a bran full
of vintage LBCs!" And I said, what did it slip your mind since I am a
LBC fanatic?

So we show up and this old english guy comes out of this stately home on
ten acres and starts chatting with us. My buddy asks him if he has nay
MGs and tells him that I have an MGB.

He looked at me and smiled and said that he was racing cars at Lemans
before I was born. He said that if we wanted to take a look at his cars
that they were in the barn!

Then I asked him if he ever had any Healeys. He said not anymore but he
had had a lot of them over the years and that he drove Donald Healey's
BN2 (100S) at LeMans!

At this point I am thinking BULLSHIT!

But then we go over to the barn and take a look at whats inside and
discover two cars I have never seen!
Both looked black or very dark blue, one was an Aston Martin and the
other was a Morgan. They were both in mint condition with original
leather hood straps and all the chrome and wood dash you care to see.
They looked like MGTDs when I first glanced from the back into the
cockpit, but when I got around the front of the Aston, wheweee!

Can anyone place this guy and tell me if he is the real thing?
His name is John Evans and he said he used to race a lot of cars for
Brabhams.

TIA
Erik.