Re: Is this guy for real?

To: Neil Cotty <neilc@tradesrv.com.au>
Subject: Re: Is this guy for real?
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 11:47:02 -0800
Word on the street is that Neil Cotty said:
> Erik,
> >had had a lot of them over the years and that he drove Donald Healey's
> >BN2 (100S) at LeMans!
>
> Well my Austin Healey 100 / 3000 book it says the only time a 100S was raced
> at LeMans was in '55 - the one that was involved in the horrific crash with
> the Mercedes that killed 82 people, mostly spectators. The driver of the
> 100S was Lance Macklin. I guess there could have been co-drivers, it is a 24
> hour race.

I can't find any record of an Evans in the 1955 world championship series,
including Le Mans.  BTW that 100S that crashed was co-driven by Les Leston
of the UK.

Skye

--
1966 MGB        The MGB Experience         __,__\__      Safety Fast!
GHN3L-70307     http://www.mgb.bc.ca/     (_o____o_)     MGOFR 1.375