Repairing small surface rust spots, 77B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Repairing small surface rust spots, 77B
From: Tom McLaughlin <tmcl98@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 12:23:53 -0800 (PST)
All,

I was doing a little work on my B yesterday and there are a few small
surface rust spots on the body that I'd like to repair or at least
stop from spreading.  They are spots were a chip of paint is gone and
it rusted over time...about 1-2mm square.  I believe the car has the
original paint job.  I will have it resprayed eventually, but how do I
fix the spots until then and not have it look too teribly bad.  The
car is white.  Should I just sand the surface rust away and primer
it???  I've never really done any work like this so I have no clue.

Thanks in advance,
Tom
77B