Transmission Oil Change 77B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Transmission Oil Change 77B
From: "Erik Brzoska" <mowog77@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 09:09:12 PST
Well, first of all I would like to thank everyone for their various
suggestions. And the pump idea was my next alternative if this didn't
work, but it did.

I took the 3/4" bottom plug out and drained the tranny oil. It was not
too dirty for being at least 6 years old!

Then I took a 4 foot section of 1/2" inside diameter clear plastic
tubing and led that into the side tranny hole. However, the tubing was
too big for the hole because the outside diameter was 3/4".
So I took a 5/8" o.d.(1/2") copper pipe elbow and put that int the
tubing and then into the tranny hole.

At the other end of the tubing that came up through the engine bay, my
buddy poured the 20W50 into the funnel 1 quart at a time!

It took us about 20 minutes to do everything and now it is done!

the only fluid I haven't changed is the steering rack, any tips?

TIA
Erik.