Re: What type of paint

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What type of paint
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 16:32:57 -0500 (EST)
>If you go to bare metal use a self etching primer, Krylon makes it in dark
>red, muddy brown, Polys are also sold in spray cans. Some great spray jobs
>have been done with cans. Under the car I would use under coat, Keeps the
>sound down and was an original option. Just allow plenty of time for the
>primer to dry ,and the recomended times on the cans between coats of paint.
>Good Luck Carl E.

While we're on the subject, I don't want to paint my whole car from spray
cans, but once I've done some rust repair, I'll want to do some large spot
touch-up, not large enough to justify a new paint job (IMHO); does anyone
offer BL colors in a convenient spray can? I have a Brooklands Green '78 B.
Also, my car is, as I said, a Brooklands green '78, it had black carpeting,
now removed, and has beige seats. The soft top was absent when I bought it.
What color hood would it have had from the factory? Black, beige, or
either? I think either color would look fine as a replacement, but would
like to know which is correct. Thanks.

Nevin