Re: What type of paint

To: grunt2@adelphia.net
Subject: Re: What type of paint
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 08:28:20 EST
Carl,
  The undercoat sounds ideal for that environment, and it sounds as
though your careful attention would make it work perfectly.
  The bad examples of cracking I have seen have been places where the
undercoat must have been 3/16 inch thick, and perhaps that is too thick
for it to expand and contract without cracking. My '75 MGB had
sand-filled cracked undercoat in many places, but each was in an area of
this thick application.
   When I have used it, I have tried to put it on just thick enough to be
completely opaque, plus a tiny bit more, so that the total thickness is
not much. All the undercoat I have used seems to have worked well on
exterior surfaces, and I spray Waxoyl into the cavities.
Bob