Re: Questions about 70 BGT

To: <Lec089@aol.com>, <hoops@owt.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Questions about 70 BGT
From: "Carufel Family" <carufel@funtv.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 09:54:50 -0800
Evaporative loss control equipment was fitted only from the 1970 model year
in california...the engine series with evap control was 18GJ.....I am not
sure if the cars post 1970 for california had this equip but i do believe it
became standard or was discontinued altogether with the 18V...so a non
californian car for '70 would have an 18 GH engine....
The bonnet aluminum to steel change was not quoted, but was definately in
1969....in Clausager's book it is stuck between sep69 and oct69.....Yours is
probably steel although my neighbor's is a 3/70 and is aluminum aftermarket
crap.
Like I said, though, the emissions crap was only for 1970 cars in
california....the engine would be originally an 18GJ series.....look for the
silver evap tank on the right hand rear wing pillar in the boot....

Wow...my first actual helping someone posting to the list.....cool

My car has a GF series engine and everything attached to the engine is
correct for a GF series engine.  The car was built 12/69.  Is it possible
that this engine is original?