Re: Oil pressure in rebuilt engine

To: Larry Hoy <larryhoy@cwix.com>
Subject: Re: Oil pressure in rebuilt engine
From: cgmoog@ibm.net
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 15:18:36 -0500
If you twist the distributor make sure there is no drive gear installed
otherwise it won't work.

I'd recommend removing the spark plugs, lifters and push rods and
cranking it until oil pressure is built up (make sure the cooler lines
allow circulation and that the oil pressure gage is connected or that
the fitting is capped) this will allow fast cranking while place low
loads on the surfaces that require lubrication.