Re: Polishing Dashpot Covers

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>, <martens@auditor.sk.ca>
Subject: Re: Polishing Dashpot Covers
From: "Paul Tegler " <wizardz@amdyne.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 08:25:08 -0500
a high speed buffing wheel and white rouge (similar to Red Rouge but a
stronger abrasive)
the trick is to NOT apply any pressure. Let the edges of the buffing wheel
(layered linen design)
do the work as the ends of the fibers basically 'whip' the surface of the
metal.
This was my second attempt at polishing them. In the end it's the technique
not just the
polish used.
Paul Tegler
Twin 73' MGB GTs YB and OB
YB born 8/72 (Primrose Yellow) Yellow BGT
OB born 1/73 (Blase Red) Orange BGT
email: wizardz@amdyne.net
http://www.amdyne.net/~ptegler/mgmain.htm